Paul Hafner Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Paul Hafner Scholarship Fund (PHMSF) is awarded to individuals who are unable to meet the financial investment that is required to enroll in the Lighting Specialist (LS) programs. PHMSF recipients will be awarded objectively and in a nondiscriminatory manner by the NAILD Board of Directors. Applicants must submit, in writing, a scholarship application. Contributors to the fund will be recognized in promotional material at NAILD Innovation as well as on the LS and educational programming pages of the NAILD website.
- The scholarship is offered to an individual looking to enhance their lighting education. Applicable individuals must be a member of NAILD, IMARK, NAED or NEMRA.
- Applicants looking to enroll in LS I must present a vested interest in advancing themselves within the lighting industry.
- Individuals that are looking to enroll in LS II or LS-C must have first completed LS I and have a minimum of three years’ work experience in the lighting industry.
- Application must be endorsed and signed by an officer his/her company of employment.
- The Association shall review and shall have final approval authority over the adopted criteria for the Paul Hafner Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Applications must be received no later than March 1, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified by April 1, 2019.
The Scholarship Committee will consider, in no particular order:
- Did the response address all of the questions?
- Writing and grammar skills
- Quality of the responses